- The rise of global e-commerce has facilitated the alarming rise in counterfeit goods traded internationally. Illegal products come from many economies, with China appearing as the single largest producing market.
- Counterfeit goods unfairly compete with legitimate products globally. This illicit activity erodes innovation, competitiveness, brand value, and company profits.
- Fraudulent digital platforms and third-party marketplaces threaten public health and safety with fake drugs, cosmetics or toys. If revenues can be traced to terrorist organizations, national security may also be threatened.
Babel Street’s analytics platform offers an AI-enabled cross-lingual, persistent search of thousands of global and regional PAI sources around the world in over 200 languages to rapidly discover and decipher insights on counterfeit goods and dubious websites.
Babel Street empowers teams with actionable insights to combat the trafficking of counterfeit goods by tracing the sources of the fraudulent activity.
- Counterfeit goods
- Persons of interest (POIs)
- Groups of interest (GOIs)
- Consumer sentiment
- Loss prevention
- Brand reputation impact
- Images of interest
A paradigm shift is needed for businesses to stem the rising tide of counterfeiting. Businesses must now keep watch 24/7/365 to protect their brand image as well as profitability.