- Illegal wildlife trafficking is big business – with low risk and high returns. The poaching or the illegal trade of protected or managed species has become an international crisis in the past decade.
- Consequences are grave and wide-ranging – from the extinction of many species, to disrupted ecosystems that were once home to the wildlife, to lost resources in the impacted communities to the larger threats posed against humans when terrorist networks are involved.
Babel Street’s analytics platform offers an AI-enabled cross-lingual, persistent search of thousands of global and regional PAI sources around the world in over 200 languages to rapidly discover and decipher online indications of illegal wildlife trafficking.
Babel Street empowers teams with actionable insights to spot wildlife trafficking and trace the sources of the illegal activity.
- Credible leads
- Posted ads
- Persons of interest (POIs)
- Groups of interest (GOIs)
- Images/videos of interest
- Last known locations
- Clustered views
Environmental oversight aims to stop illegal wildlife trade in its tracks and protect endangered species from harm.