Name Matching: What It Is, How It Works, and Deciding Which Approach to Take
Matching names isn’t as easy as it might sound. Because names are complex and variable, it actually requires sophisticated natural language processing (NLP) capabilities to get it right. And matching names correctly can literally mean life, death or dire consequences in settings like border security, healthcare and finance.
In this ebook, you’ll learn:
- What name matching is used for
- How it solves the problems traditional methods can’t
- The pros and cons of popular solution types
- The concepts of precision, recall and accuracy, and how they’re related
- The AI-powered hybrid two-pass approach to name matching and how this maximizes accuracy, precision and speed across a broad range of name variations.
Download this guide to find out how regular text search doesn’t go far enough to address the challenges of name matching or searching. Organizations need something better – and that something is modern, AI-driven, intelligent fuzzy name matching.