- Many vectors have given rise to worldwide health crises, such as frequent international travel and new strains of antibiotic-resistant bacteria. While some diseases are easily cured, others pose continued threats to public health.
- Public health crises such as COVID-19 demand immediate action, oversight, and public communication to keep misinformation and disinformation at bay. Truths, untruths, and fraud all emerge across the public sphere in rapid succession.
- Aside from obvious implications of sickness and death and the dangers of misinformation, public health crises also create opportunities for fraudulent remedies that can often do more harm than the disease itself.
Babel Street’s analytics platform offers an AI-enabled cross-lingual, persistent search of thousands of global and regional PAI sources around the world in over 200 languages to rapidly discover and decipher insights on developing health situations.
Babel Street empowers teams with actionable insights to facilitate more informed communication and protect the public from further harm.
- Breaking news
- Fraudulent claims
- Evidence of counterfeit drugs or fake cures
- Geographic spread of the outbreak
- Proximity to confirmed cases
- Hot spot(s) situation reports
- Images/videos of interest
Public safety is always a top priority – and sustained situational awareness ensures timely knowledge of imminent concerns and/or safety measures relating to public health crises.